Private Instruction & Yoga Therapy Sessions with Lori McCormick
The study of yoga began as a dialogue between teacher and student (one-on-one). At FUSION, we continue to honor that tradition by offering private yoga instruction as well as yoga therapy sessions to those students who are in need of individualized attention.
Why Private Instruction…?
- Learn yoga from the ground up in a private setting. (Great for those who are brand new to yoga and would like a private introduction to the practice. Also good for those who’d like to review the basics.)
- Get assistance for your specific injury, limitation, or special need – learn modifications (how to adapt postures for your ability/condition and body type).
- Work on specific tight areas, such as hips, hamstrings, shoulders, back/neck – and/or develop core strength.
- Intermediate and advanced students can receive instruction on a specific posture or technique.
- Develop a personal practice that is complimentary to your other activities and sports – improve your focus and concentration.
- Practice at a time that is not currently offered on our schedule – or in the convenience of your own home or office.
- Learn how to meditate and reduce stress and anxiety using specific breathing techniques that bring energy, calmness, and balance to your practice and to your life.
- Enjoy a Semi-Private Session with your spouse, family, friends, co-workers, or neighbors – split the cost! Rates are $75 for the first person, plus $10 for each additional student.
- Classes are available at our studio as well as in your home, office, or other designated place. (Rates are somewhat higher for travel and depend on distance from studio).
For questions or to schedule a session, please call (or text) Lori directly at (916) 600-6557 or email Lori@FusionYogaSac.com.
Private Sessions (1 person)
30 Minutes….. $50
60 Minutes….. $75 > tipping is optional
90 Minutes….. $90
Add $10 per person
Private Sessions in your home or office
Email us at FrontDesk@FusionYogaSac.com or call (916) 922-9642 (922-YOGA) for a quote.
About Lori McCormick
Lori McCormick (formerly Lori Moore) is the director of Fusion Yoga Studio Sacramento, Inc. Teaching yoga and running a successful yoga studio has been Lori’s passion and full-time career since 2004. She has more than 11,000 hours of actual teaching experience and well over 500 hours of continuing education from various programs and workshops.
Formally trained in the Ashtanga yoga tradition, Lori has studied with Ashtanga yoga master David Swenson, Seane Corn and Shannon Wells, and has completed a one-year yoga therapy program in Somatic Yoga (yoga therapy) with Eleanor Criswell (Hanna Somatics). She has also completed an Advanced Teacher program at White Lotus with Ganga White and Tracey Rich. Through her participation in various intensives, she continues to be inspired by many remarkable teachers including Gary Kraftsow (therapeutics), Judith Lasater, Doug Swenson, Shiva Rea, Ana Forrest, Erich Schiffmann, and many others. She prides herself on learning and understanding the body’s dynamics having studied anatomy under Mark Uridel, Tom Myers, and Joe Barnett. Additionally, she is an avid reader and has read several hundred yoga, anatomy, and meditation books, as well as relatable books on psychology, trauma, PTSD, depression, pregnancy, relationships, spirituality, and more that correspond to her students’ needs.
Lori strives to be the teacher that she would want to learn from. While she has trained with many outstanding teachers, she has also learned through years of experience from her own personal practice. To this day, she maintains a consistent personal practice and believes it’s an integral part of her over-all well-being. She finds it also serves as a source of inspiration for her teaching.
Lori blends her teaching experience, personal practice experience, her knowledge and passion for teaching into a non-dogmatic style that’s supportive and nurturing to ALL physical levels and abilities. She is proficient at teaching mixed level classes, where she is able to challenge the most advanced student while modifying the practice for those with injuries or who are less familiar with yoga. She enjoys teaching classes that are energetic, playful, and exploratory, yet she emphasizes being mindful and using proper alignment and form in order to avoid injury. She applies principles of anatomy and function to her teaching so that each student learns how to practice safely for their unique body and abilities. Her intention is to help students use the practice primarily as a healing art (rather than as a workout) – teaching them to practice safely so that they will be able to continue practicing yoga for a lifetime. She creates a space that is safe for exploration and growth and gently guides her students to trust their inner teacher while supporting them on their journey.
Besides teaching yoga, Lori is a certified Transformation Meditation teacher. She is registered with Yoga Alliance and the International Association of Yoga Therapists, and is also a member of the Sacramento Yoga Instructors’ Network. She teaches on-going classes at Fusion, leads workshops and retreats, and teaches students privately as well as in corporate settings. Additionally, she has been training teachers for almost ten years and emphasizes developing teachers who are able to safely and effectively teach, not just lead, a yoga class. As a trainer, she works to help new teachers develop and share their own unique expression and interpretation of the practice.
Aside from teaching, she has almost 19,000 hours of experience in operating a successful studio. She currently runs and manages Fusion Yoga Studio (a single venue which houses three separate studios and a healing room, and offers over 35 classes per week).
Got a Question…? Ask Us!